Anyway, sorry for the long tangent, but it's important to me to clarify. So, I feel so happy that I would call it joy because I just had a great conversation with one of my closest friends from home, Kim Sweet. I really got a lot of things off of my chest and spoke openly with her (and she with me) about what has been going on in our lives, friendships, and relationships over the course of the semester. It was something that, once we started speaking openly, just immediately started cultivating the bright, yellow orb within me. I am realising now that it is because we were completely honest with one another, and unfortunately, over the course of my life, honesty has been a hard policy for me to live by. Within the past few months and weeks however, I have been slowly creating a life for myself where I adhere to Honesty and Truth. As a result I feel like my life in the past few weeks has been so much more fulfilling and meaningful and glorious.
The yellow orb is getting so bright and satiated that it's beginning to turn white. To extend the metaphor I guess, I'm satisfying the hunger of the orb so much that I'm afraid it will result in a supernova, which is beautiful, yet frightening...not to mention horrible, in terms of the metaphor, because it means I will be devoid of joy. I think this is the "happiness factor" and paranoia essentially, trying to rationalise this newly found sense of joy within me - it's been so long since I've felt this joyful that my brain is maintaining its reservations. Nevertheless, I am optimistic about the future and the coming weeks and I cannot wait to help share my joy with those I come into contact with, especially those closest and dearest to me.
The quotation - I have started reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky and this line stuck in my head and made me think so much that I could barely fall asleep even though I was pretty tired after reading last night. I feel that this really displays both ends of the joy/happiness spectrum...either way it's brilliant:
"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite" - Stephen Chbosky
3 comments:
Awesome :-D
:)
FINALLY!!!! --> On everything. I'm so happy for you. :)
Post a Comment