I went shopping with my Mom most of the day, which, despite my reservations, was actually great and a lot of fun. My Mom and I just had time to chat and have a good time, and the stores weren't as crowded as I thought they would be. So that's always a plus. We went to Target to get some final gifts for people, including me - I'm getting seasons one through three of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"! Then we went to Macy's to get some more gifts, and I needed gloves, so I got a pair of those. We also went to the liquor store and to a beer supplier, where I was allowed to get three bottles of wine for when my friends from school come down! Sweet! Generally I had a great time with my Mom and realised that she is pretty much my biggest advocate in this world and always wants what's best for me, no matter what. I love her. :)
I always got to see Miss Hendrickson again for the first time since this summer! I had to go over to her and Michael's place to visit and get the keys for when I cat-sit for them in a few days. I missed her so much and I can't wait to really catch up with her about this semester in greater detail. Then I did other tasks needed of me around the house, which was okay. Tomorrow should be fun. I'm pretty sure we have a few family members coming in that I haven't seen in a while/who live in other parts of the country, so I'm excited to see them and looking forward to it. Christmas Eve is always pretty great, regardless of what's going on otherwise. Yeahhhhh! Merry Christmas!
I don't know why, but today I've been listening to Music History listening guides from last semester (Music History I), and they are gorgeous pieces of music! So here's what I will leave you with for this evening:
Leonin's "Viderunt omnes" and Giacomo Carissimi's "Historia Di Jephte, Chorus: Plorate Filii Israel"
2 comments:
Ok. This is how awesome I am. I read your orb entry last night when I had already taken my contacts out (so my face was about 2 inches from the screen) and I just came back to reread it, not realizing that you had posted again, so I was like, woooow, I missed a lot...
yeahhh.
but anyways, your "Eastern Philosophy crap" is one of my favorite things about you, because I always manage to forget about it and then remember it when you do something like get fussy about where you're sitting at the dinner table. It can be a pain to shift a million seats so you're not facing... north? but I've grown to love it.
I'm so glad you and your mom got a chance to chat, mom's are the best because all they want is what is good for you. It scares me to think that might/will be me some day, but my mom and all of our mom's (and I'm sure yours, once I meet her) are such awesome moms, and we can learn from all of them.
Can we start watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 1 when we come down? Please?
Last thing-Perks of Being a Wallflower. Life changing.
Love you, miss you.
yay christmas!!!!!!! i am glad you are excited for it!!!! also i love it's always sunny!!!
also my comment looks retarded compared to lauren's, but whatever!
alings.
Post a Comment