Anyway, for those of you who don't know, I have an upstate house outside of Cortland that my family and I used to use as a vacation home since, when the house was on the market, it was essentially a steal. Besides, if you come from Long Island, where better a place to have a vacation house than in the middle of a rural environment where there is barely anybody around? My parents have owned the house since slightly before my older sister was born and we used to go there all of the time - almost every other weekend when I was really young, regardless of the weather conditions we had to face to get there! It was awesome and really wonderful growing up there. As my sister and I started to get older and my family got busier and busier, we visited the upstate house less and less though. Now it's on the market, kind of, but seeing as it hasn't really had any interested buyers and since the market/economy are shot right now, it's sitting fallow and rotting away. The mold in the house is horrible and barely manageable, and as a result, the only real way to fix the problem of selling (or possibly keeping) the upstate house is to burn it down - we all know this, even my friends who've been there know this.
So, my dream starts with me basically being alone in my upstate house. I get the feeling like I'm there because I'm taking care of it - house-sitting, if you will (which I am actually doing at Miss Hendrickson's right now, hence the connection probably). As I'm house-sitting, I just get this feeling like something is not right; like someone is watching me. So I begin checking the house and making sure that I really am alone. I literally remember while dreaming this taking a long time and I was very thorough and was choosing which rooms to go in and where to look - hence I was lucid. I am finished checking the house though, and I seem pretty satisfied with the fact that I'm alone and that I'm just imagining things.
I decide to go outside into the garage, but as I do that, I pass this dark shadowy corner that has a hole to the basement and is part of the rotting mess that is my house (even though, in real life, this hole does not exist anywhere). In the hole I see this shadow move and so I get a touch closer and see that it's a person! GAHHHH! So I freak out, and I run out of the house to my neighbour's house across the street. They live on a hill, so I begin running up the hill slightly, when I see a small group of people.
They're all smiling and welcoming, and so somehow I forget to even mention that I am running from my house because someone is creeping around in it. I think I wasn't supposed to be in the house either, so that's why I didn't say anything? Hazy. Anyway, so I sit down with this group of people who are about my age and kind of neat. Their style is really interesting and hip and they are very friendly. So we're talking for a bit, and then I see hordes of people around my house as I look across the street. They are all just coming out of various woods and whatnot around my house. Suddenly my house is a lump of ash - there was no fire that I saw, but I knew that it had been burnt down.
I ask this one guy in particular what's going on and he tells me that it's because nobody lived there, and the people that did live there deserved to have their house burned down for letting it get so bad. But then he started saying that the people of the community, aka the angry mob around my house, was going to redistribute the property so they all had a share. Then one of the people from the mob of arsonists came over by us and started talking about how he was going to really hurt whoever lived in that house over there if they ever came back. This whole time was so frightened and debating leaving in a nonchalant manner, but I decided to stay. I pretty much woke up after this and was so afraid that I was going to be murdered by a group of angry arsonists seeking me out, but then I remembered it was all a dream.
Draw your own conclusions; I think I know what it means...
Song: I usually use this for meditation, but as I was writing this I was listening to it.
"Discrete Entropy" by Loscil
4 comments:
I think I know... I'll be sure to grab my pitchfork and fire before heading to your house.
I think I know too... can we roast marshmallows?
p.s. my word is mouse. how fitting, considering what we found in your house...........
the house is your soul, you are your consciense, the group is your friends, the mob is society, your actual family the mob wants to kill is you
you do some soul searching, but you're creeped out by what you see and feel, so you seek comfort in your friends. your soul basically sucks and goes to hell in a hand basket, society hates what you did to it and wants to kill you.
wow, that actually sounds like something, but i actually pulled the whole thing out of my ass.
The moral: conform, conform, conform.
Delicious song.
...I'd still worry about that mob though...
(My word is unerst, which is basically unrest, which is me. It's almost 4 and I'm still awake. wtf?)
Post a Comment