- Tuesday, Dec. 30th: Friends arrived in the late afternoon. After meeting them at Penn Station and heading back home, we got settled in, and had some snacks. Then we went to Ben's for dinner. After dinner we watched Pooti Pootie Poemi which was out of its mind. Then we had a "seance" in which we woke the dead, thus there was a zombie invasion that we had to account for. We wound up driving all around Commack fighting zombies in sumps and parks. It was fantastic.
- Wednesday, Dec. 31st: Woke up very late, lounged around, watched some Mystery Science Theatre 3000. Then we had wine and snacks with my parents at around 9, and were a tad late to Berk's New Year's party. We went there, had a great time, and really enjoyed ourselves. Then we came home at around 3 AM
- Thursday, Jan. 1st: Woke up late again, hung out for a little bit. We then painted this sweet painting that encapsulated a variety of emotions and feelings in an abstract sort of way. Then we were going to make a fabulous dinner meal here, but instead we wound up going out to The Cheesecake Factory/Smithhaven with Matt Rivera.
- Friday, Jan 2nd: We wound up in the city. We met up with Matty while there too! We all went to Lombardi's for lunch. We were going to go to the MoMA for the Van Gogh exhibit, but then found that the line was insane, so we went to the Met instead, which I loved! I was getting really choked up and emotional, perhaps unbeknownst to others, because I really loved the artwork and being with my friends. It meant a lot to combine the two for me. Then we met up with Dewey Flezsar and went to Ollie's and PinkBerry. Both were fantastic. We then went home, watched some more MST3K and then went to bed.
- Saturday, Jan 3rd: Woke up later than expected. Went to Matt Rivera's to head with him in his van to the Roosevelt Field Mall. That was fun! Then we went back to Sayville and looked at the Great South Bay for a little bit. We headed back home and then went out to dinner for my birthday with my family to Tai Show North. It was delicious and meant a lot to me. :) We came home, had our wine, cheese, and fondue night which was tasty. My other friends from home joined us after we were done with that and we hung out until later on. People sang happy birthday to me after 12:00 AM.
- Sunday/Monday, Jan 4th/5th: Woke up kind of late again, hung out for most of the day. I wound up taking a nap again somehow. Then we had dinner here which was yummy since my Mom made it. Then my other friends came over to have cake and celebrate. We played "Amish" and "Assassins" and I loved it. Then, by the candlelight, Mikey played Clair de Lune for me, and Alissa Corrao sang a beautiful song for me (she will be famous one day, I swear). After spending time with my closest friends from school and home, and really being touched by the music and the mood (in that moment, I swear we were infinite), we all broke off: some went home since it was late, Nick, Leah, and my school friends all went to Candlelight and had a great time looking out the window at random people and toasting to them. Then we came back home, watched "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", chilled for a few minutes, then left early for the train unexpectedly. It was a rush and a struggle, but we got there ok. Then everyone went home :( Since I was in the city I was debating going to the MoMA since the Van Gogh exhibit was over after today, but I decided I was tired and just wanted to go home, so I did.
"Tonight, Tonight" by Smashing Pumpkins
No comments:
Post a Comment