Infinite Rondo
I’m finally flying
Off of the dark ground
Into the air
Alight with bursting flame of red, purple, orange, and yellow hues
Ever upward
I flap so abruptly
Away from that bog
Not looking back
Not even to observe any possible trace of the compressed, compact remains
Ever upward
My aim is high up there
High up in the sky
It is the sun
The bright, brilliant orb promising release of everything below
Ever upward
The bright, brilliant orb promising release of everything below
It is the sun
High up in the sky
My aim is high up there
Ever upward
Not even to observe any possible trace of the compressed, compact remains
Not looking back
Away from that bog
I flap so abruptly
Ever upward
Alight with bursting flame of red, purple, orange, and yellow hues
Into the air
Off of the dark ground
I’m finally flying
Ever upward
-Andy Loretz
I'm excited that this poem represents a definite conclusion on the old chapter once mentioned and the definite beginning of the new chapter. There is no hazy, middle ground anymore. Thank heavens!
So I guess you could say I'm in some sort of a sun phase in my writing. Who knows, maybe if I'm famous one day for poetry (highly unlikely) it'll be called my Sun Period. Here's hoping. This one is kind of different for me and I enjoyed playing with the form of it after I got the basic gist down. Just read it through - your brain will make phrases, sentences, and progressions all on its own. The words will take on new meaning every time you read it - believe me; I've read through it several times already just to proofread and assess. I think that's part of the beauty of this form. Anyway, enjoy and let me know what you think.
2 comments:
I like your sun phase :) mwahahahaha....
I like how you perpetually show me up...lol
Post a Comment