Sunday, January 11, 2009

Growing Pains

Steve left for school again some time today.  I got to hang out with him, Leah, and Sarina last night.  We started conversing about how this might be the last time in a while that I see him back home.  This also parallels Nick's situation, where he too could wind up staying at school or thereabouts until Thanksgiving 2009. That's ten months! It's just been dawning on me lately how we're all growing up, and people that I've known since elementary school may one day be off doing their own things far away from where I am.  There's this scary possibility that I won't see people again, ever.  It's kind of frightening.

I know it's just all part of growing up and whatnot, but still, I think I have the right to also freak out about this, at least for a tiny bit.  I just can't believe it in a way, but at the same time I am yearning for it so badly.  I don't know.  Ugh, weird mood...

"How To Disappear Completely" by Radiohead

1 comment:

Nick Rizzo said...

This is ridiculously hard on me too. When I got back to SC, it finally hit me that I might not see Commack and some of my best friends for ten months...we're growing up and branching out. It always felt like so far in the future, but it's actually happening. On a more positive note, I can't wait to see where we go next!!!