Saturday, January 17, 2009

New Semester...New Chances

Yesterday I drove up to Ithaca from Long Island for the first time ever, by myself.  It went pretty well, with only one goof up getting onto 17 from 87; other than that I was fine.  It took roughly five hours, as expected since I left Long Island at 10am (when traffic is not an issue) and the weather was pretty great (minus the windiness).  

I got here...and had the best day/night/next morning ever.  Enough said.  More to come.

Goals for the semester:
  • Kill procrastination: Do things in pieces, week-by-week/day-by-day
  • Practice at least 2 hours everyday including weekends, preferably more though
  • Find some sort of job at school, and find one to come home to in addition to Usdan over spring break
  • Go skiing
  • Expand my friend circle slightly/put more effort into my friendships than I did last semester
  • Read at least 3 books
  • Create one piece of art, hopefully a painting
  • Go on a road-trip
  • Begin writing/creating a novel or epic poem
  • Memorise the entire Glazounov Concerto for Saxophone 
"New World" by Bjork

2 comments:

Nick Rizzo said...

glad that you got back to ithaca safe!!!

on another note, that list is very impressive and I hope you actually do everything you say you will lol...the road trip should definitely wait until this summer when i'm back ;)

Lauren said...

I've always wanted to go on a road trip........ and go skiing because it's the best.